Sunday, November 27, 2011

Obama's Other Revenue Problem

Barack Obama and the Democrats insist we have a revenue problem.  They're confident that too few people pay too little in taxes, otherwise there'd be no reason to ever cut spending of any kind.  Anyway, that's what they say.  I agree that we have a revenue problem, it's just not that one.  In 2008, before Barack Obama became President, our nation raised $9.5 billion in offshore oil leases.  This year we sold only $36 million.  That's a revenue problem.  So, not only does President Obama spend massive amounts of our tax dollars chasing his green energy dreams, he does so at the expense of very real income from the sale of oil and gas leases.  This isn't just an ideological shift folks, this is malfeasance on a grand scale.  This is brain-dead, job-killing economics we just can't afford.  When people ask me if I think Obama will win reelection I tell them in no uncertain terms, "No, absolutely not."  I tell them that I do not fear another Obama term.  What I do fear however is that we may all lose everything we have before he's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment